Remote sensors provide invaluable information and awareness for quantifying or identifying natural resources, monitoring changes, surveilling human activities and determining optimal locations for the deployment of infrastructure.
Remote sensing applications provided by Pieris Aerospace include:
- Border Control: Detecting and tracking the movement of vehicles and people across borders.
- Maritime Surveillance: Detecting, tracking and monitoring vessel activities within a specific maritime jurisdiction, including defence against piracy and monitoring of illegal fishing.
- Natural Resources: Detecting and monitoring natural resources, including water, forests, precious metals and other minerals.
- Climate: Monitoring changes including soil, water and air temperatures, wind speeds, atmospheric pressure, precipitation, humidity, pollution, etc.
- Emergency Response: Early detection of forest fires, tsunamis, volcanic activity and other natural phenomena.
- Agriculture: Monitoring agricultural performance, including quota compliance.
- Infrastructure: Identifying the most effective locations for the deployment of infrastructure by taking into consideration any topographical features, buildings, trees, soil composition, etc. For example, the signal of 4G+ networks can be simulated over an existing city, and substantial savings can be achieved through the deployment of fewer network nodes to achieve full coverage. Moreover, transportation infrastructure can be designed from the get-go to avoid construction in paths with challenging soil composition and other features which significantly impact cost and schedules.
Pieris Aerospace not only provides on-demand data analysis and studies based on sensors hosted on existing Earth observation satellites, but can also provide its customers with their own sensor deployment in space or on High Altitude Platforms.